There are likely multiple options available to you when it’s time to choose a hospice provider. It can sometimes be an overwhelming choice to make and one that should not be taken lightly. Doing research beforehand can make the process smoother and less stressful. Here are ten reasons why Hospice of Southwest Ohio should be at the top of your list if you live in Clermont, Butler, Warren and Hamilton counties in the greater Cincinnati area.
The top 10 reasons to choose Hospice of Southwest Ohio
- HSWO offers a Make a Memory program where our team members and volunteers assist in creating special moments for patients.
- Handmade Bears of Love are made as a keepsake for those who have lost a loved one, using an article of clothing that belonged to them.
- Our nine-bed inpatient Care Center offers short- and long-term hospice care with 24-hour professional nursing and respite services.
- In-home primary care by our CareBridge partner allows you to age in place with personalized care in the comfort of your own home.
- We have a full-time musician on staff who creates a lively and joyous atmosphere at our Care Center.
- We provide continuing education opportunities for caregivers and hospice staff on topics ranging from living and caring for persons with dementia to cultural and spiritual considerations at the end of life.
- We are a We Honor Veterans partner, meaning we understand the unique needs of veterans entering hospice care and work to honor them through acts of gratitude.
- We utilize technology such as LifeDisk and VGo to create professional voice recordings of loved ones and help family and friends communicate with those in hospice care through robotic telepresence.
- We offer pet therapy with regular visits from furry friends who are great sources of comfort and companionship for patients.
- Our staff and volunteers are, hands down, the best!
If you’re still not sure what to expect from hospice care, here’s what you need to know
During hospice care, our team focuses on relieving your symptoms to ease the physical and mental stress of having an incurable illness. Our multidisciplinary team assesses the level of care each patient requires, and creates an individualized plan to help meet their unique needs. Everything depends on each patient’s individual plan, but Medicare and most private insurance companies traditionally cover all hospice related charges.
Related: The hospice process
Hospice care can be provided in your own home, in a healthcare center such as a nursing home or assisted living facility or in an inpatient hospice center like our Care Center in Madeira, Ohio.
If you have any questions about hospice care, call us any time of the day, any day of the week at (513) 770-0820 or contact us online.